This gravy is the perfect accompaniment to mashed potatoes or dipping chips in.
4 tablespoons butter
450g button mushrooms
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning
2 tablespoons double cream
1. Finely chop shallot.
2. Finely slice mushrooms.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.
4. Saute shallot and mushrooms until mushrooms are softened.
5. Remove mushrooms from saucepan, reserving liquid. Put mushroom liquid aside.
6. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the saucepan.
7. Add flour and whisk with a fork.
8. Add reserved mushroom liquid.
9. Continue to whisk with fork as gravy thickens.
10. Slowly add water and vegetable seasoning, continuing to whisk until seasoning has dissolved.
11. Add cream and mushrooms.
12. Serve immediately.
Kitchen Specs: Modern Kitchen Designs