The life of a busy executive demands a kitchen that is efficient and convenient, as well as a collection of recipes that are easy to whip up in a hurry, yet classy enough to share with business colleagues when they arrive unannounced on your front doorstep.
Here is a quick and delicious pasta recipe that’s sure to be a winner.
Penne with Creamy Pesto and Tomato
2 teaspoons olive oil
200g sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup pesto
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
freshly ground black pepper
1. Add pasta to a large pan of boiling water and cook til tender.
2. Drain pasta.
3. Return the pan to the heat and add oil.
4. Add mushrooms and cook 4 minutes, or until soft and golden.
5. Stir in sour cream, pesto, tomatoes and pepper.
6. Cook 2 minutes.
7. Return pasta to the pan and mix through the sauce.
8. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Mmmmmm, delicious and the smell is heavenly!