Here’s a recipe that will make you wish Mangoes were in season all year round! If you want to make this delicious dessert during those times when mangoes are in short supply, then simply slice up and freeze mango pieces while they are in season.
pureed flesh of 5 mangoes
sliced flesh of 1 mango
1 tablespoon gelatine
1Â Â¼ cups water
Â½Â cup castor sugar
Â¼Â cup evaporated milk
1. Ensure the mango puree is smooth.
2. AddÂ Â¼ cup of water to small bowl.
3. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water.
4. Allow to stand for 1 minute.
5. Heat remaining water and sugar in saucepan.
6. Stir sugar and water mix until sugar dissolves.
7. Add gelatine mix to saucepan.
8. Stir until dissolved.
9. Add pureed mango.
10. Heat to a simmer.
11. Remove saucepan from heat.
12. Stir in evaporated milk.
13. Cool for approx. 30 mins. Gently stir occasionally.
14. Divide mango mixture into bowls or glasses.
15. Cover and chill over night.
16. Decorate with sliced mango and mint leaves just prior to serving.
Delight in your mango!