Here is a delicious citrus sauce that will go perfectly over poached fish or pan fried tofu.
2 tablespoons castor sugar
2 teaspoons cornflour
2 teaspoons water
1. Peel rind of one orange.
2. Cut rinds into thin strips.
3. Squeeze juice from both oranges (approx. 1 cup).
4. Cook sugar in small saucepan over medium heat.
5. Once sugar is melted or golden add juice.
6. Stir until sugar ‘toffee’ is melted.
7. Blend cornflour and water.
8. Stir cornflour mix into juice mix.
9. Stir over high heat until it boils and thickens.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Add butter and rind.
12. Stir until butter is melted.
13. Pour over fish or tofu.