Containing the mess in one room minimizes daily clean-ups of dust and dirt around the house during your renovation is quite a task.
HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) vacuums
may be used by tradespeople at the end of each workday. Opening the windows and using a HEPA air filter will clean the air.
Once the work is done, your home will need a post-renovation deep clean.
Once again, this is a job best left to the professionals, and let’s face it, cleaning is the last thing you want to be doing at the end of the renovation process.
A thorough clean is crucial, as particles will be released into the air during a renovation. Freshly applied paint and lacquers can also give off fumes.
A post-construction clean can include:
- Sweep, mop, and disinfect floors.
- Vacuum upholstery.
- Wipe down doors, hardware, moldings, and knobs.
- Thorough wipe down and sanitization of bathrooms and kitchens, including appliances, cabinets, and benchtops.
- Sweep and vacuum all surfaces including ceilings and walls.
- Dust, vacuum, and wipe down windows.
- Dust all vents, ducts, blinds, ceiling fans, and lighting fixtures.
- Clean all hardware hinges and handles, shelves, and cabinets.
- Removal of all remaining rubbish and debris.